Thursday, November 17, 2011

The X-Factor finalists impress with their performances, some of which aren't even Rock. WTF???

The X-Factor Top 10 took the stage last night and performed Rock music.

Althought for a few people that didn't do their best, I was very impressed with a lot of performances, even though there were some that could possibly not be considered as rock.

I will just sum up by telling that I liked and hated about last night's show, since I really don't have time for a full recap.

What I liked:

Astro really impressed me with his rendetion of P. Diddy's I'll be Missing You, in which he again changed the lyrics, and made it a song about all the Hip Hop legends that have died over the past few years. I really enjoyed it, although it reminded me of something we'd see as an "In Memorium" tribute to dead rappers at the BET Awards.

I also really liked Leroy Bell's performance of Bob Seger's Why Won't you Stay, even though two out of the 4 Judges called it boring (Simon and LA).

Speaking of Simon, did you guys see he now has a Twitter? Now we get to see what's in his head more than once a Week. SWEET!!!

But back to the performances, even though it WAS a little boring, I thought Melanie Amaro did an awesome job with R.E.M's Everybody Hurts.

Chris Rene, who I am a huge fan was just ok to be last night, with his Bob Marley performance. I hope he can get out of this gutter he's in, and make a comeback.

Rachel Crowe still continues to impress me, and continues to grow in my mind as a front runner in the competition. If she keeps it up, I could see her at least getting 4th Place.

What I disliked/hated:

I'll start off with Stacey Francis by saying, when she is good, she is real good, and when she's bad, she makes me want to Put my ears into a woodchipper. Last night, she was horrible with her performance of It's all Coming back to me Now. I really think she could be in trouble after that performance.

I also thought Drew didn't do her best with U2's With or Without You, and I feel she needs to step it up before the competition ends for her.

I am a huge Josh Krajcik fan, but last night, I was just in the middle about his performance. He should really stay away from the Alternative Rock, and stick to the smooth Blue-Eyed Soul he has impressed us with during the beginning of the Competition. He is NOT a rock singer.

I also feel Lakoda Rayne could put an end to Paula in the comp, they did a horrible job with Fleetwood Mac's Go Your Own Way, and I think they need to Go their own way out of the Studio and take Stacey Francis with them.


Well, I guess we'll see after tonight who will be send packing, plus Rhianna performs (UGH). Until then, like Ultimate Reality on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ultimate-Reality/275923089117298#!/pages/Ultimate-Reality/275923089117298?sk=wall

No comments:

Post a Comment